STIR-UP Nurse Research!
Come and be part of a STIR-UP Nurse Research – a national event being held at the University of Stirling on Thurs 15th June 2023. Nurses from across Scotland will come and present their post-graduate research projects to students and colleagues on our beautiful campus.
We have planned this event because we want to:
- Provide an opportunity for nurses to share the research they have completed over last few years (i.e. in the most difficult of circumstances!)
- Help develop a sense of community amongst early-career nurse-researchers in Scotland – perhaps encourage new connections and collaborations?
- Inspire our under-graduate nursing students by showcasing the remarkable research that nurses are undertaking across Scotland.
If you are a nurse who has recently completed a post-graduate research project, please come and share your work, we’d love you to be part of this event!
The day will include a stimulating mix of presentations and interactive sessions. Lunch and refreshments will be provided and there will be lots of time to meet and talk with each other. It will be like an academic conference but more fun and less expensive (i.e. free!)
Keen to be involved?
If you would like to present, please submit an abstract (max 250 words) to email@example.com by 26th April 2023. We cannot consider any abstracts submitted after the deadline. Full details of abstract requirements and assessment process are available provided below.
If you have any questions please contact Barbara Farquharson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are eligible to present if:
- you are a registered nurse (NMC)
- you are undertaking or have recently completed* a post-grad degree within last two years (MSc, MPhil, MRes, PhD, ClinDoc) in Scotland
- you have findings to share
Title (max 25 words)
NOTE: Students will be voting for ‘the student choice’ based solely on the title so make sure it communicates your work well!
Abstracts (max 250 words) should be structured using the following headings
Abstract review process
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by a scientific panel (comprising University of Stirling researchers and lecturers). They will select abstracts for presentation based on the following criteria:
- Clear research aim, objectives/questions
- Sound, appropriate methodology
- Study been carried out in a systematic, rigorous manner
- Appropriate analysis has been described
- Data and findings are presented in a coherent format
- Inclusive language is used
- The writing style is clear (including grammar, spelling, punctuation)
- Submission is well structured.
The top-scoring abstract will receive a £50 prize and be highlighted on the day as the prize-winning presentation.
Submitted abstract titles will be shared with final year nursing students at the University of Stirling and each student asked to vote for one as their student choice. The author of the most popular title will receive a £50 prize and be highlighted on the day as the ‘student choice’ presentation.
The event will be held in the Pathfoot Lecture Theatre and nearby seminar rooms and is fully accessible. Please let us know if you have any particular requirements so we can make sure everything is suitable on the day.
There will be no cost to attend. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Travel expenses for presenters (from within Scotland) will be reimbursed.