Whether you love watching it or taking part yourself, Stirling is a dream destination for sports fans.
The University of Stirling is Scotland's University for Sporting Excellence, so naturally our city boasts an impressive roster of sports teams and plenty of fun things to do.
Whether you prefer cheering on your favourite team for the sidelines, scoring that hole-in-one on the golf course or living out your "Frozen" fantasy on the ice rink, the City of Stirling and the surrounding area has you covered.
Top 5 sport experiences in Stirling...
- Get involved with one of the University's over 50 sports clubs, ranging from American football to swimming and rugby.
- Cheer on the team and enjoy a pie at a Stirling Albion football match.
- Go skating at The Peak ice rink.
- Score a strike at tenpin bowling.
- Get a taste of Scottish tradition at the Stirling Highland Games.
- Bag a munro or two.
- Enjoy a game of Six Nations rugby at BT Murrayfield.
- Play a round of golf at one of Scotland's world-class courses.
- Dive into exhilarating water activities at Loch Lomond, from wild swimming to sailing and windsurfing.
- Go mountain biking at Glentress Forest.